Russian Therapeutic Riding Society
The Russian Therapeutic Riding Society was created in 1999. President: Mr. Peter Gourvitch. The Society is recently being in the process of registration and in the future will encompass about 30-40 cities of Russia, as well as Universities, particularly Moscow City Pedagogical University, Academy of Physical Culture and Moscow Equestrian Club.
The Society objectives:
- Co-ordination of the members activity and representation and protection of common interests;
- Development of equestrian sport and tourism among disabled, including organisation, and holding of the regional and all-Russia competitions;
- Design of the public relation and integration of the methods of TR in practice in Russia, involving mass-media, editing of brochures, booklets, guides etc;
- Training the specialists for Russia and other countries.
- Promoting the integration of TR into curriculum of the Universities, and secondary schools, as well as in the programs of Medical and Equestrian institutions working upon TR specialists training and Equestrian Sport for the Disabled.
- Creating an educational-methodological centre with the data-base for all the interested in TR and Equestrian Sport for the Disabled (including specialists in medicine, psychology and pedagogy, economy, administration; providing juridical guaranty of this form of activity and in the associated fields of knowledge);
- Assistance in organisation of scientific researches on the usage of TR in rehabilitation and social adaptation of the disabled as well as in the publication of the results of the researches.
- Assistance in organisation of scientific researches upon the standards of horse-breeding, horse selecting and training for TR; including creating a horse farms for TR in Russia, as well as supporting of the researches upon the problems of expert evaluation and licensing of organisation and individuals who use the TR methods;
- Co-operation with Russian, foreign and international organisations for experience sharing according to the objectives of the Society;
- Organisation and holding regional conferences and symposiums in TR;
- Creating the permanent newsletter of the Society;